For those of you with “tummy troubles” you will find the suggestions below may just get through the holidays without any discomfort and into the new year with your health turned around.
Gastrointestinal health disorders or problems
3. IBS – Irritable Bowel syndrome
5. Crohn’s disease
6. Ulcerative colitis
These are just a few of many gastrointestinal health problems that many of you may suffer from. Although seemingly quite different, I have found that the same basic dietary and lifestyle changes can improve not only these problems but overall health.
The following guidelines can result in dramatic improvements in the gastrointestinal(GI) tract;
1. Keeping meals simple by only eating 1 concentrated food at each meal. i.e starchy foods like potatoes and rice or pasta eaten with salad and cooked vegetables or concentrated proteins like fish, chicken, nuts and seeds etc with vegetables and salads. See Chapter 4 in “Perfect Health” . This one thing alone can dramatically improve your GI tract function and ease countless symptoms, including some apparently unrelated to digestion such as allergies and hay fever
2. Starting all cooked meals with raw vegetables or fruit. This increases the gentle water-soluble fibre and that helps the bowels to empty efficiently at least every 24 hours.
3. Drink a glass of water before you eat or drink anything else.
4. Exercise daily for at least 20 minutes – walking is excellent! Exercise regulates many hormones that affect the function of the GI Tract.
5. Drink 50 ml of aloe vera gel daily or before each meal if you have serious issues. I have found that Aloe Vera Gel – from Forever; made from the filleted leaves of the aloe barbedensis miller plant has a profoundly healing and soothing effect on the digestive tract and epithelial cells in particular
6. Take a good quality probiotic, both Aim and Forever make an excellent one. For the GI track to be healthy, it needs to have the right friendly bacteria.
7. Keep animal protein to a minimum
Follow these 7 steps and then choose from the following suggestions for specific conditions;
Constipation/diarrhea and IBS
Herbal Fibre Blend from Aim helps regulate both constipation and diarrhea. It is not a laxative. Made from several plants and herbs, it comes in powder and capsule form and can be taken by anyone. You will not become dependent on this product. Make sure to drink 2 glasses of water with each dose. Take on an empty stomach.Avoid garlic and onions, the allicin in these foods is a natural antibiotic, which can destroy both good and bad bacteria and contribute to Ulcers,
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (including colitis)
It is best with any of these conditions to avoid all dairy products, animal flesh, gluten and refined or processed foods.
Fasting would be ideal, and I can recommend Hoogland Hydro in South Africa. Dr Joel Fuhrman in the USA, will be able to help any, there. I would recommend at least 3 days on water only, then breaking the fast on Aloe Vera Gel.
I would take Forever Aloe Vera Gel 3 times a day until the GI Tract has healed.
Indigestion /heart burn/ flatulence
Food combining (no proteins with starches) is essential as is the Forever aloe vera gel and probiotic.
I would take Herbal Fiberblend for 1 month as directed (capsule or powder) with a probiotic. Then take Para 90 ( a combination of powerful herbs) for a month, with probiotics to nail the really stubborn ones.
Take Aloe Vera gel daily to prevent them coming back!
Eat as simply and as naturally as possible and you are likely to find.. that your digestive tract is able to work efficiently.
And that friends.. is the Bottom Line
You get 100 daily emails full of natural health information, health tips, and healthy recipes to help change your life. We help you take small steps and begin integrating The 5 Basic Steps of Natural Health, based on The Natural Way, 30+ years of research, integration, and education by Mary-Ann Shearer.