- 4 Zucchini
- 2 small Butternut Squash
- 3 Leeks
- Vegetable Stock (Mary-Ann’s or Organic preferred)
- 400g or ~1lb mixed mushrooms
- Marinated Artichokes
- 1 1/2 Cup Tomato Puree
- 2 Cups Cashew Mayo
- Preheat Oven to 180C/360F
- Grate butternut squash
- Clean and chop leeks, and stir fry
- Clean and halve (or slice) mushrooms
- Using a mandoline or knife, cut zucchini into long flat strips
- Make a layer of butternut squash, leek, mushroom and zucchini and top with cashew mayo
- Repeat until baking dish is full
- Top with tomato puree. Add vegetable stock if the mixture is too thick. Water will come out of the veggies so the result will be thinner than it appears at the beginning.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 mins.
Use other veggies including Onions, different squash, potato, carrot etc… as layers
Use precooked Brown Rice in the layers
Use large portabella mushrooms (sliced) for layers
Include fresh herbs like basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme etc…
Try different spices: Curry, Cumin, chili powders, Ginger etc… to create variation. Try using small amounts of Tahini or Hummus instead of the Cashew Mayo.
The main idea here s to replace the bad fats and processed foods with Whole Food ingredients, as well as gluten free options. You still get the savory elements, and the creamy textures with this recipe, and it adapts to many other applications as well.
You get 100 daily emails full of natural health information, health tips, and healthy recipes to help change your life. We help you take small steps and begin integrating The 5 Basic Steps of Natural Health, based on The Natural Way, 30+ years of research, integration, and education by Mary-Ann Shearer.
If you are ready to take steps and improve your health like thousands of others, sign up for our newsletter, purchase our support products and get started! Healthy Eating + Healthy Choices = Healthy Living